Friday, March 26, 2010

Thought Experiment

The following is a transcript of the thoughts of Siddharth Sharma (See Footnote[1]), taken today during Operating Systems' lecture.

9:35 AM

Late again! How can it be? Had lots of time today. Probably that's why. you tend to relax. its so much better clock is ticking and the other guy is waiting for the bathroom.... leave it..Computer Networks... she (the teacher) won't say anything. Just walk right in. Don't ask. 3rd floor... why do we always get classes on 3rd floor when everybody else gets theirs at 1st floor. That looks like it... May I come.......what is she doing here. (It was supposed to be Computer Networks but our subject found out that the Operating Systems faculty was taking the lecture.)

Where is Sudeep. There. No sign of Sumit and Vikrant though.

Teacher: "Mum wum .... blah blah blah..... Priority... Job Scheduling.... wum wum"

What is it? I ask Sudeep, and he makes a face that I know very well. It means "I don't have a fucking idea"
what the hell, he was present yesterday. Its a continuation.

Teacher: "Forget what I taught yesterday."

What a fucking joke ('The White Tiger').
Like anybody remembered it.

Teacher: "Mugga wugga.... blah blah..... yum wum"
<...............goes on for 10 minutes.....>

I am beginning to feel a rage here......

Teacher: "yum hum wum wum... p1,p2 process..... blah yum wum"

To hell. That's why I don't get good marks. how can I write well if I don't understand it. Studying used to be fun once. There is no joy here..

<.... Mr. Perfect stands up... He even has a question....???????.....>
Mr. Perfect: "Mam.. why does...blah blah..... shouldn't it ........yum wum.... blah blah blah"

Teacher: "wugga wugga.... no wait..(pauses for a minute).. yes I think you are right... It should be that way. I was wrong.......Everybody, listen... blah blah blah"

She doesn't know anything. What type of teachers have we got. Well I probably deserve them.. If only I had passed JEE.. Shut up.... its been ages and you still beat about it... this is what losers do, always hide behind the things that didn't happen... if only...

Teacher: "mugga blah blah priority.. clear?"

NO NO NO.... In fact yes. You have cleared my brain upto the point of thoughtlessness. I cannot even think whether I understood or not... and look at them or better, look at me... I'll also answer in the affirmative...

Me: "Yes mam , clear."

Teacher: "blah blah blah.... Time Slice... wugga wugga"

Ah! time slice, finally something I know... but slice reminds me of the ad that Slice has made, the Katrina Kaif one... Aamasutra... what relation in the world does an innocent mango drink has with sex? I never thought mango was an aphrodisiac, more so a mango drink that's without fizz. Couldn't have been more explicit. Even bought Katrina to give a 'K' to Aamasutra and hence complete the word... ha ha ha..

Teacher: "blah blah blah........."

Oh shit! Time Slice's gone too... so much so for Katrina Kaif....

Teacher: "#$5^^^&83232......"

its all greek to me :P

10:00 AM

Look at the watch... still half an hour to go... there goes professor Einstein and his relativity. Time passes so slowly. If only Newton had such teachers, Relativity would have been his first discovery....

Teacher: "mugga wugga....SRTF, SJF..... blah blah."

This is getting too much. Why can't this be like those first person shooter games... where I can blow her brains out with a gun... or better still, I'll use a baseball bat.. take out all my rage.

<........Another question pops out.........>

Apparently, not everyone is as dumb as I am.
What the hell. I don't think anybody can beat JSS when it comes to worst faculty. probably should put up my thoughts on my blog. Yeah, that'll do. Creative use of this time...
Creative use reminds me of my electric guitar. Better learn to play it quick or 20,000 down the drain. Wanted it so badly. Now that I've got it, it poses another problem.... to learn it and learn it well.....

10:30 AM

Teacher: "Siddharth Sharma?"
Me: "Present mam."

Finally over. I am completely drained out.... cannot attend anymore classes.
I did not understand anything. Pre emption, scheduling, round robin etc.... no concepts at all.
On the other hand, if you do not get the existing concepts, who knows... you may develop your own.....
Yeah! that sounds nice... Take that, Mr. Gates and here I come, Linus.......



[1]The subject profile
The subject is Male, 22 years of age. He is an engineering student in the discipline of Computer Science. He studies at JSS, Noida (see next footnote).

[2]
Yes, its JSS; not Jaypee Noida.
No, there are not many colleges in Noida. They're in 'Greater Noida'.
Yes, its through UPTU. :(
(Its one of those colleges that only those who study in it have ever heard of it, and still fewer can tell you its full form.)

3 comments:

  1. hillarious... even I wrote about UPTU sometime back in my blog:- http://bit.ly/bwVM3w

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must say u have beautifully recreated the scene i saw an year back.. subject bhi same hi tha.. ;)
    n footnote [2], (line 2 specially) is absolutely mindblowing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohkay!
    Been there done that...
    To start with...now atleast you should appreciate the 'K'-'Aamsutra' combination! People like you are letting go of science to think of it, add sex to anything and people eat/drink/wear/blah it!
    As far as clearing JEE is concerned you would heard maybe newer versions of vocab used here..say like..'vrrum vrrum grr..tad tad mum burr blah!'

    ReplyDelete